Your Nose Pads:
What You Need to Know
Even with careful cleaning, you'll have to replace your nose pads on your reading glasses eventually. We're here to make it as easy as possible.
For many people, eyeglasses are worn every waking hour of the day. We depend on glasses to help us in our professional and personal lives.
Because of our reliance on them, eyeglasses can go through a lot of wear and tear, and tend to degrade over time. And, the one part that wears out most commonly is the nose pads.
Here are the biggest culprits that do damage to your nose pads…
- The perspiration from our skin can yellows the clear plastic.
- The constant motion from taking eyeglasses on and off gets them out of whack.
- Exposure to heat or cold over time can crack them.
All of these factors mean that at some point, you must replace this crucial part before the bridge of your nose takes a beating and gets irritated, dented, and swollen from worn-out nose pads.
At ReadingGlasses.com, we’re passionate about giving you the best experience possible and promise to do whatever we can to make that happen—and that includes helping you with any nose pad issues.
In keeping with that promise, we offer several suggestions for you to maintain and enjoy your eyewear for years to come…
How to Clean and Maintain Your Nose Pads
Often, you can do a lot at home to prevent or resolve any nose pad issues.
It’s a good idea to clean your nose pads and your eyeglasses regularly to keep them in tip-top form. Here’s the best way to do that:
- Run the entire frame under cool tap water to remove any perspiration residue, loose dust and dirt
- Use the microfiber cleaning cloth (it’s included with every purchase)
- Periodically use a dab of dishwashing liquid to your rinse to remove salts, dirt and oil from frame and lenses.
All these suggestions can go a long way to help your frame, lenses and nose pads last longer, and prevent the lost time and hassle that come with replacing them.
However, when it does come time to replace your nose pads—we’ll make it as easy as possible. We stand behind our products. Please call our dedicated customer service team whenever you need us, so we can assist you.
We are very discerning in our choice of partners and suppliers. That commitment to excellence means your eyewear is made from premium materials that should serve you well.