Privacy & Security
ReadingGlasses.com respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our collection, use, and disclosure of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
The phrase “personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Online Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Access and Correction
- Links to Other website
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Use of Site
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- Security Notice
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including the ReadingGlasses.com website, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our website
In addition, when you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture or Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our website
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our website, and manage and maintain your account on the sites
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about ReadingGlasses.com, including on our website and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share the personal information we collect with our business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We also may share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to ReadingGlasses.com’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain ReadingGlasses.com offerings or site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may direct ReadingGlasses.com not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partners’ own purposes. To do so, please email us at [email protected]. If you opt out, we will continue sharing your information as otherwise described in the “Information We Share” section of this Privacy Notice, including with our service providers, to fulfill your requests and to comply with legal requirements.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
We may engage with advertising networks that are members of organizations or programs that manage the privacy choices these ad networks offer consumers. Please note that we also may work with ad networks that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not honor the opt-outs we linked above. You can opt-out of targeted ads on Facebook by clicking here.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Access and Correction
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our website. In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
Links to Other website
Our website may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. Companies not affiliated with ReadingGlasses.com may operate these sites. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those website. We are not responsible for the content of any website not affiliated with ReadingGlasses.com, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your ReadingGlasses.com account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your ReadingGlasses.com account user name or password via email.
ReadingGlasses.com does not direct its website to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
Use of Site
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders at ReadingGlasses.com's discretion, including, without limitation, if we believe that customer action is harmful to our interests.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the bottom of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at [email protected]. You also may write to us at:
1003 Dragon Street
Dallas, Texas, 75207
ReadingGlasses.com respect your concerns about information security. ReadingGlasses.com is committed to protecting the security of the information we collect and maintain about our most important asset - our customers.
How We Protect Information about our Customers
- Industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information while in transit.
- Stored credit card number is always encrypted and maintained in an environment that has been certified as PCI DSS compliant by a qualified security assessor.
- ReadingGlasses.com website are constantly scanned and validated to verify application and network security.
- All internal security standards, policies and practices are reviewed and improved based on the current industry security practices.
Information Security Tips for Protecting Yourself
- Never share your user ID or password. Remember, anybody who holds your account login information can access your account and make a purchase.
- Create a secure password. The more secure your password is, the harder it is to guess. While it‘s not required, we suggest that you choose a password that is at least 7 characters and includes a mix of letters, numbers and special symbols.
- Avoid using easily identifiable or personal information as your password, such as a word from a dictionary, family or pet’s name, or email address.
- Be cautious about using a public computer, as it may contain key-logger software designed to steal your login credentials. If you do decide to use a public computer to shop on the ReadingGlasses.com website, do not forget to sign out from the website when you have finished using the public computer.
- Emails are generally insecure and easy to forge. Be aware that an email, even if it appears to come from a friend or a business partner, could be fraudulent and designed to trick you into providing personal information or installing dangerous software on your device.
- Install antivirus and firewall software on your computer to help protect yourself from phishing scams and viruses.
- ReadingGlasses.com will never initiate the request for your account password or any other sensitive account information, such as your credit card.
- If you contact ReadingGlasses.com Customer Support, we may verify your identity by asking for information, such as your account user name, shipping address or past order information.
- If you have received a suspicious email that appears to have come from ReadingGlasses.com or have concerns about an email request you have received from ReadingGlasses.com, please forward the email to [email protected].
On the Phone
- When you call ReadingGlasses.com Customer Support, we may verify your identity by asking for information such as your current shipping address, order information or the last four digits or expiration date of the credit card we have on file for your account.
When logging in or checking out on the ReadingGlasses.com website, all sensitive data is transmitted over HTTPS. This means a secure SSL connection has been established, and that all data transmitted through this connection will be encrypted. If you are receiving SSL Certificate errors when accessing the ReadingGlasses.com website, that means that the domain name in the SSL certificate does not match the address that is in the address bar of the browser. Alternatively, it may mean that your browser is misconfigured and does not accept the root certificate used by ReadingGlasses.com. Please contact [email protected] if you encounter this error.
If you suspect that any account information has been compromised or fraudulent charges have been made on your ReadingGlasses.com account, please contact Customer Support immediately for assistance by contacting us through the website or calling (800) 238-0904.
Updates to this Information Security Policy
This Information Security Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information security practices.
Last Updated 02.10.2016