Privacy & Security
Your privacy is important to us. By participating in the Council of Better Business Bureau's BBBOnline® Privacy Program and Reliability Program we have made a commitment to meeting the programs' strict requirements regarding how we treat your information and the reliability of our ordering systems.
We consider all information shared by our customers to be personal and confidential. We respect your right to privacy and therefore, we will never disclose or sell any personal information shared with us to us to any outside organization. Approval for these two BBBOnline Seals is your assurance that ReadingGlasses.com meets a very high standard for privacy and reliability that is recognized world-wide. Only 700 other web sites have met these high standards. Further information about these programs are available at bbbonline.org.
Information we collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the our website:
- Within the pages of our web store you can order products, make inquires, and register to receive materials.The types of personal information collected at these pages may include: Name, Address, Email address, Phone number, Credit/Debit Card Information and Lens Power. We also ask optional questions about how you learned about our web site.
- If you are ordering a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will be asked to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the personal information collected is limited to: Name, Address and Phone Number.
- The Stay Connected! registration service collects only your email address. When we send you notifications of sales or specials, you will be given the option to remove yourself from our list at any time.
Access to your information
- You can access all your information for review or correction by calling us or through email.
- We maintain your address, purchase history and the power of lenses you have ordered.
- We will require that you confirm certain information on our files as a means of identification.
- We do not retain any of your credit card information. You will be asked to give us new credit card information even on reorders.
How we use information
- We use the information you provide about yourself (or gift recipient) when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We offer gift-cards by which you can personalize a product you order for another person. Information you provide to us to create a gift-card is only used for that purpose, and it is only disclosed to the person receiving the gift.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register with our website if you would like to receive updates on our new products, services, and promotions. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form. If you subscribe you may unsubscribe at any time.
- We use non-identifying information to better design our website. For example, we may measure the number of men and women who have made purchases or opted into our Email Exclusives registry. We never disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
- Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Secure order guarantee
Reading Glasses To Go understands your concerns over Internet security. Because we share your concerns, we've worked closely with web site engineers to develop a highly secure online ordering process. We want you to be able to shop and order with confidence. We offer a Secure Order Guarantee that gives you 100% protection for your credit card transactions at readingglasses.com.
We guarantee that your credit card information will be safe when you place an order at readingglasses.com. Our Secure Order Guarantee means that you'll never have to pay any money related to unauthorized charges to your credit card account, if those charges result from a transaction at readingglasses.com. You're always protected when you shop our site.
Here's how the guarantee works: If you're ever a victim of credit card fraud, the Fair Credit Act specifies that your credit card company can hold you liable for no more than $50 in fraudulent charges to your account. With our Secure Order Guarantee, you'll be reimbursed for any amount up to $50 billed to you by your credit card company for unauthorized charges to your account, if those charges result from an order you've placed on our secure server. For this protection, you must promptly notify your credit card company of any fraudulent charges and follow the procedures for doing so as outlined in your credit card agreement. Your credit card information is safe at readingglasses.com.
The secure order process
Our software and hardware, in conjunction with features built into popular browser software, provides advanced security for your online purchases. The following section describes how the secure order process works, from start to finish.
Starting your order
Every order at readingglasses.com is secure, and clicking a Checkout button on the Shopping Cart page is all it takes to get started. The security features are automatic - you don't need to do anything special to invoke them.
Making a Positive ID
Once you've clicked the Checkout button, your browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it is valid. We use Thawte software to enable the use of digital certificates. For your security, the verification process happens in the background every time you place an order on our site.
Entering Secure Mode
Next, your computer and our server begin communicating in secure mode, sending data back and forth in an encrypted format.
After your browser has entered secure mode, we'll ask you to enter, or if you're a registered shopper, to confirm, your credit card information. The encryption features of browser software are exceptionally powerful and ensure the security of this data as it is transmitted to our server. Our site uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and 128-bit strong encryption to maintain the highest level of security.
My order is complete, what happens next?
Security measures continue even after you've placed your order, as we process your order on a highly secure internal system that is inaccessible via the Internet.
Security: Watching it work
The web address will begin with "http://" in standard, non-secure mode and "https://" in secure mode. The "s" stands for "secure."
Most web browser use a lock symbol to indicate that the connection is secure.
If you have any question
Should you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies do not hesitate to call us toll free at (800) 238-0904 or email us.
- 1003 Dragon Street
- Dallas, Texas 75207